Tuesday, April 7

Ok, so I admit it.

I was wrong. Go and do your little victory dances, enjoy it while it lasts, but hurry back cause I'm not done here.

Today I discovered that there are blogs out there that are actually on interesting thing. Seriously!

Ok, so maybe I was slightly quick to judge but the kinds of blogs I had been exposed to didn't exactly attract me. Of course, I knew about the political/religious blogs but those aren't really topics that hold my interest for long at a time (not long enough to keep me reading through a whole post, much less the comments). This scene is more for my mother, the blog guru of my family.

What really repelled me from blogging where the ones I saw a lot of during my A-levels. Every blog I saw was a dear diary type, the topic of which being either of the "My life is hell! I didn't get x grade/ mom won't let me do x" or the "I got so drunk and slept with someone whom I don't know, Wohoo". No, none of this attracted me at all. I've always found this quite pointless and very egocentric.

While all blogging is probably egocentric to a level, these blogs that I've actually found interesting are on much more interesting than the dear diary or news types. The blogs I enjoy are the ones that share the thoughts of people who write on topics I like, such as writing, pets, hand crafts, art or technology, just to name a few. Of course there are still plenty of blogs out there that aren't really that interesting but finding the few that really are is quite exiting. :D

So wish me luck as I put my (cyber) walking boots on and begin my journey through the great wood that is the blogsphere.

Few of the blogs that caught my attention and might be worth a bit of yours:
Pink Ink (don't you just love the name?)
Unbilled Time
Shapely Prose

4 comments:

  1. I too was reticent to start blogging as the vast majority of these things are inane, banal and egocentric - but not the type of egocentric that is interesting, that allows you to better understand the inner workings of a person but the type that is a mirror of their outer shell, of the person they want other people to see. Which is in my opinion is almost always a shit person.

    Your blog is of the former type, which is beautiful. I look forward to reading more of what you write.

    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for the shoutout, Faharis. I have been blogging for a year and I know I haven't exhausted blogs to read, but I have seen some really interesting things out there.

    I am always floored when I read something that makes me realize that deep down I have so much in common with others.

    Nice blog you have here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love my new title....
    And as your guru I can tell you that this post, as interesting as it is....is getting old, its time to blog again darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you in my hating of dear diary type of blogs. Good luck with your trip through the "great wood that is the blogosphere", and don't get your boots dirty.

    ReplyDelete